Insure iPhone 8
Unlimited claims, Optional Loss Cover & More!
Benefiting from 25 years of experience, Gadget Cover is formed by people who believe that quality products can be affordable.
Do I need mobile phone insurance cover for my iPhone 8? Five questions worth considering when it comes to cover
Launched as Apple’s flagship iPhone back in 2017, the iPhone 8 is still considered a good buy if you’re an Apple fan and you’re on a tight budget. If you’re buying an older model like the iPhone 8, you might be wondering whether to still insure your iPhone 8 against loss, damage or theft. When considering whether to buy insurance, ask yourself the following five questions to help you decide.
- Without insurance, could I afford to repair or replace my iPhone 8 if it was lost, damaged or stolen? Could I still pay for everyday essentials? Remember iPhone repairs can be pretty expensive and might even cost more than a new iPhone! That is, if you don’t have insurance.
- Would I be happy using a cheaper or older model while the damage to my iPhone 8 is being repaired or until I can afford to replace it? With its great camera, decent battery life and ergonomic design you’ll love using the iPhone 8. How happy will you be if you have to replace it with an earlier model or even an Android phone?
- Do I own the iPhone 8 outright or have I bought it on a long-term contract? Oh dear! If it’s a contract phone and you don’t have insurance, you’ll still have to make the monthly payments even if it gets lost or is damaged! There can be few more painful feelings than paying for something you’re not getting the benefit of. Remember, even if you don’t make a claim on your insurance, you’re still benefiting from the protection insurance brings.
- Could I live without my iPhone 8, or would I need an instant replacement? A great iPhone insurance policy could include a rapid replacement service. So, if you rely on your iPhone for work, business or family reasons then having insurance will mean you’ll get a replacement asap.
- Am I a high-risk user? Do I have a history of lost, damaged or stolen phones? Be honest with yourself: how likely is it that something unfortunate will happen to your iPhone? An iPhone insurance policy could be just what you need to cover your mobile.
What special features does the iPhone 8 have? And how might mobile phone insurance cover provide protection?
The Apple iPhone 8 has been on the market for a few years now, so it's been a while since it was the latest must-have flagship phone. But as an Apple device you’ll not be surprised to learn that it’s still got plenty of things going for it. Let’s take a look at some of its best features and how an iPhone insurance policy would cover it in case of any mishap.
Easy to read True Tone display
With a 4.7-inch LCD display offering 1334 x 750 resolution at 326 PPI, there wasn’t much change from the iPhone 7. However, Apple did make a big improvement by introducing the remarkable True Tone feature from the iPad Pro. This feature causes the display to appear more paper-like and make reading more comfortable on the eyes.
How insurance can help: Repairing or replacing your iPhone if it’s damaged in an accident is vital. Some insurance policies will even repair minor screen cracks as part of your accidental damage insurance cover.
Durable glass body
The iPhone 8 featured the most durable glass body ever in a smartphone. With a reinforced steel and aerospace-grade aluminium structure that is IP67 water and dust resistant, do you even need insurance? Well, yes you certainly do!
How insurance can help: No smartphone is completely impervious to liquid damage. From splashes to full immersion, there’s a whole variety of ways water can damage your iPhone! Protection from liquid damage is one of the most commonly used parts of any mobile phone insurance policy.
Faster A11 processor
In terms of power and speed, with Apple’s A11 Bionic chip on board the iPhone 8 was up to 70% faster than the A10 Fusion chip of the iPhone 7. While thanks to its three-core GPU it was 30% faster than previous models, offering a much-improved graphics function.
How insurance can help: But no matter how powerful the iPhone 8 is, if it suffers a malfunction then having breakdown insurance can be a life-saver.
Wireless inductive charging
The iPhone 8 was the first iPhone to feature wireless inductive charging. To take advantage of this feature you’ll want to invest in some Apple accessories to complement your iPhone. But if something happens to damage your iPhone, what about those costly accessories that were with it?
How insurance can help: Well, a Gadget Cover insurance policy means any accessories (up to £150) will be replaced if they’re lost, stolen or damaged at the same time as your iPhone.
Every year brings new improvements to iPhone cameras. But even if you buy the iPhone 8 you’ll still get spectacular photo and video results from its dual-lens camera arrangement. Indeed, just like Gadget Cover insurance, the iPhone 8’s cameras will give great service for many years to come. And with iPhone cameras offering such high-standard shots, many owners simply use their phones to capture photos and videos while on holiday.
How insurance can help: If you love living the jet-set lifestyle with an iPhone in your cabin bag, then make sure you’ve got worldwide insurance cover for wherever you land. And if you’re nearest and dearest love to have a go with your latest tech purchase then you’ll also want to make sure family cover is included as part of the mobile phone insurance policy. Our insurance doesn’t just cover you; it covers your immediate family too.
The iPhone 8 is still a very desirable mobile phone with looks that might catch the eye of a thief. Mobile phone insurance cover can guard against theft and also any unauthorised calls or data charges. We can also insure your iPhone 8 against loss for an extra charge.
Finally, with iPhones becoming so popular when it comes to making payments it’s also important to include E-wallet cover in your mobile phone insurance policy.
This means that if your gadget is accidentally lost or stolen, your insurance could refund the cost of unauthorised transactions made using your e-Wallet facility up to a maximum of £500. No wonder so many careful phone owners rely on insurance arranged through the helpful Gadget Cover team.
Make sure the insurance policy you choose has all the cover you need. A good idea is to check if it provides instant cover, whether there’s a limit on the number of insurance claims you can make in a year, and how much the insurance excess is.
How to get the best out of your iPhone 8
iPhones are often regarded as some of the most wonderfully intuitive gadgets in the world today. But that doesn’t mean buyers won’t need a little help on how to get the best out of their new purchase.
At Gadget Cover we love playing with tools and settings and really researching how to get the very best out of these marvellous machines. So, to help you with this, we’ve put together this list of 15 essential ‘How to’ guides for your iPhone. These will take you from the basics to even more advanced features you might not have seen before.
And once you’re done reading through that, how about some of our other guides? From a beginner’s guide to the iPhone and 16 iPhone hacks that will improve your life to common problems with iOS 15 and how to fix them, there’s so much to find out on our blog.
From mobile phone insurance to Find My iPhone – how to keep your iPhone safe
Having the right phone insurance is vital when it comes to protecting iPhones. But that doesn’t mean you can’t put lots of effort into stopping your iPhone 8 from getting lost, damaged or stolen in the first place. Here are some of the easiest ways to keep your mobile safe from harm.
- Mobile phone insurance, of course!
- Invest in a case and screen protector. iPhones are very durable and built to last, but they aren’t indestructible.
- Turn on Find My iPhone to help you find your iPhone 8 if it’s been lost or stolen. This feature also lets you lock or wipe your iPhone if you don’t want your data falling into the wrong hands.
- Keep your iPhone locked and protected with a strong password. If you’re wondering how to choose strong passwords for your devices, then read this guide from Gadget Cover.
- When you’re not using your iPhone make sure it's fully concealed and ideally secured in a zipped pocket or bag.
- Repel hackers by keeping your iOS updated with the latest security patches and upgrades.
- Install antivirus software and stay away from dodgy downloads or potential scam sites.
- Keep up to date on the latest phone scams and advice from the police and Ofcom. There’s plenty of invaluable guidance out there on what to do to protect yourself from such scams. Be sure to always use a reputable insurance company you can trust when arranging insurance.
- Make sure you use iCloud backup regularly. That way, if you do lose your iPhone 8 you can restore all your data as soon as you get your replacement device. An insurance policy can do a lot, but it will never be able to replace your contacts, photos, files and other pieces of precious personal information.
Insure iPhone 8 mobile phones in just 3 easy steps
Gadget Cover prides itself on making insurance as straightforward to arrange as possible. Follow these three easy steps to stress-free insurance:
- Get a quick quote for insurance - All we need is your device make and model to show you your insurance options.
- Choose your insurance policy - Simply answer a couple of questions about your device, select your insurance cover, enter your details and pay. Finding the right insurance really couldn’t be quicker.
- Enjoy your insurance cover - Once you've paid, you can sit back safe in the knowledge that you’re covered in any eventuality.
Common insurance cover exclusions for iPhone insurance
It’s so easy to set up an iPhone insurance policy. But you still need to read all the terms and conditions of any insurance policy before signing up. There can be many common clauses and exclusions which might impact your insurance cover and any future insurance claim. These could include:
- If you purchased the iPhone over 18 months ago.
- If you bought the iPhone from outside the UK. To be covered under many insurance policies the iPhone must have been purchased and shipped from within the UK.
- If you haven’t used the iPhone since taking out the insurance policy.
- If you didn’t buy the iPhone from a major retailer. For example, iPhones bought through an auction site can be difficult to get insurance cover for.
- If you damage your iPhone when modifying it.
- If you weren't showing reasonable care when the theft or damage happened. For example, you drove off with it on the roof of your car.
- Water damage. Not all insurance policies cover water damage. And even those that do might not cover you for damage caused by carelessness.
- If the iPhone is stolen from a vehicle or property with no sign of a forced entry.
- If you left the iPhone unattended and it was stolen or lost.
- If the 15-digit IMEI has been tampered with. Or you don’t have the IMEI number displayed on the purchase receipt.
- If you don’t have a SIM card or it’s not the original SIM card.
- If you've lost your iPhone’s proof of purchase.
- If you delay in reporting your iPhone lost or stolen to the police, service provider and insurance company. This can often be within 24 hours or even less.
- If it’s a young persons’ iPhone. Some insurance companies won’t provide cover for a child’s phone.
How to make a claim on your iPhone insurance cover
Insurance providers are always looking for ways to make the claims process even easier and more straightforward. But every insurance claim will require certain information to be provided.
- Your insurance policy number – Found in the policy schedule sent to you when you bought the insurance.
- Details of the device being claimed for – For iPhones this will include the make, model and IMEI number. The IMEI number must match that listed on your insurance policy schedule and is also on your evidence of ownership.
- How you have come to make the claim - You will need to be able to fully explain what happened for your iPhone to get lost, stolen or damaged.
- Proof of ownership – To combat fraudulent claims you’ll need to send proof that you actually owned the device.
And if your iPhone is lost or stolen then you’ll also need to report it to your service provider and police within 48 hours of noticing that your gadget was missing. You’ll need a crime reference number in support of a theft claim or a lost property number in support of a loss claim. Simply call the non-emergency police number (101) to obtain these.
Call our dedicated Claim Advisors on 0203 794 9294. You can also send us an email to email@example.com. Be warned, if you take longer than 48 hours to contact us, you risk your insurance claim being delayed or even rejected.
If your claim is approved you will need to pay the policy excess in order to proceed with the claim. Do this as quickly as possible if you want to make the process shorter.
Taking the appropriate steps is a requirement of any insurance policy. But it doesn’t just help with your insurance claim. It also keeps any unauthorised use of your mobile to a minimum and increases the chance of the police returning your beloved device.
Learn more about using and protecting your iPhone with our iPhone insurance guides
At Gadget Cover, we love finding out all about the latest tips and hacks to help get the best out of technology. That’s why we’ve put together a series of mobile phone insurance guides on our blog. Here you’ll find all the information you need to get the best out of your iPhone 8 and keep it well protected.
Discover our latest phone insurance guides to get top tips on how to keep your iPhone well protected. Have you got your iPhone insurance cover yet? Get a quick quote today.
Popular iPhone Insurance:
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X Insurance
- iPhone 8 Insurance
- iPhone 8 Plus Insurance
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6
We will repair your gadget if it is damaged as the result of an accident. Unlike some insurers, we even cover minor screen cracks. If the item cannot be repaired we will replace it.
If your gadget has been damaged due to splashes or full immersion we’ll repair it or replace it.
Repair or replace your gadget if something goes wrong with it. (except laptops).
We’ll pay for unauthorised calls and data usage from your device, when it has been lost or stolen, up to £2,500.
If you selected to pay an additional premium and lose your gadget, we will replace it (mobile phones, tablets and smartwatches only).
If your gadget is stolen, we will replace it.
We’ll replace any accessories (up to £150) if they are lost, stolen or damaged at the same time as your gadget.
Cover is extended to include use of your gadget anywhere in the world, up to 180 days in any 1 year.
Your gadget cover is extended to your immediate family. If your partner loses or damages your phone you’re also covered!
If your gadget is accidentally lost or stolen, we will refund the cost of unauthorised transactions made using your e-Wallet facility up to a maximum of £500.
Mobile phones have become an integral part of our lifestyles. Many of us would never leave home without a phone in our pocket. And most of the time, it’s not simple phones but sophisticated and expensive smartphones that we carry with us everywhere.
Carrying a phone like that means that you’re vulnerable to dangers ranging from theft to loss and damage. High-quality smartphones are usually expensive and to pay for one, you may have agreed to sign a contract - which you’ll need to keep on paying even if you lose or damage your phone.
However, you can protect yourself against such risks by covering your phone with specialist mobile phone insurance.
Benefits can vary from insurer to insurer - that’s why it’s smart to shop around and look through various offers before settling on an insurance company.
Before purchasing a mobile phone insurance contract, make sure to read the Terms & Conditions carefully. That’s how you’ll be able to tell which clauses and exclusions apply to the type of insurance you’ve chosen.
A critical part of your mobile phone insurance is the type of theft it covers. For instance, theft without force or unattended theft may not be covered. If someone steals your phone from your pocket or takes it from a table in a cafe when you’re distracted, you’ll be left uninsured. Moreover, some insurers may refuse to pay out in specific cases - for example, if you forget your phone and leave it by accident on a train or taxi. If you’re deemed to have been careless by the provider, you might not be covered by the insurance. Any sort of water damage might fall under this exclusion too.
Pay attention to the terms stated in your contract. Some insurers require you to report the phone as lost to the police and the insurer within a specific time limit such as 24 hours or less.
The exclusions to this mobile phone insurance include:
- Leaving the phone unattended
- Theft from a vehicle or premises where there is no visible sign of forced entry
- Lack of proof of purchase or receipt
- Any claim where the phone has not been used since the insurance has been taken out
Make sure that the policy you choose has all the cover you need. Check if it provides instant cover, whether there’s a limit on the number of claims per year, and how much the excess is.
When searching for phone cover, consider gadget insurance. Many providers offer that type of insurance that may cover mobile phones - just make sure to specify your smartphone when describing the gadget in question. You can insure more than one device with the same policy - for example, your laptop, camera, and tablet.
Some types of home insurance include mobile phone coverage as well. While these can be simple and cost-effective, they come with downsides such as lengthy claim processing that could leave you without a mobile phone for a more extended period of time.
With gadget cover your phone will be covered from the moment you finalise the purchase of insurance. You won’t have to wait for the insurance policy to be processed and applied within a specific number of days from your purchase. Instead, you can enjoy coverage right from the moment of purchase.
To make a claim, you need to do the following:
If your claim is for damage, we will ask you to send the gadget to our nominated repair centre where we can inspect and repair it. We aim to repair or replace items within 5 to 7 working days.
If your claim if for the theft or loss of your gadget you must report the theft or loss to the police and your service provider no later than 48 hours after you notice that your gadget is missing.
Next, you need to contact us. Make sure to do that as quickly as possible - within 48 hours from discovering loss or theft of your gadget.
You can call our dedicated Claim Advisors on 0203 794 9294. You can also send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you take longer than 48 hours to contact us, you risk your claim being delayed or rejected.
We aim to process claims within 48 hours, once we receive all the required documentation - which includes proof of ownership. If we approve the claim, you will need to pay the policy excess to let us proceed with the claim. Make sure that you provide us with all the required documentation and pay the excess as quickly as possible - any delay may make the process longer.
For many smartphone users, the most valuable content on their phone, that no insurance company is able to replace, is their contacts, photos, files, and other pieces of personal information.
There are many things you can do right now to make sure that data stored on your phone is protected against loss. Consider the available cloud storage options for creating backups of your data. Storing them in the cloud offers a significant advantage - they will be available to you from any device connected to the internet.
Once you settle on an adequate storage solution, schedule regular backups of your data to make sure that all your files and information are located in your storage.
All in all, the best advice to keep your phone is safe, is to look after it and to protect it against the hassle and cost that comes with loss, theft, or damage.
Please select a Make and Model