iPhone 12 Mini Insurance
Unlimited claims, Optional Loss Cover & More!
Benefiting from 25 years of experience, Gadget Cover is formed by people who believe that quality products can be affordable.
What is iPhone insurance?
Apple produces some of the world’s most sought-after phones, tablets, laptops, and other devices. With such high quality, unbeatable functionality and eye-catching design, it’s no wonder that so many technophiles choose an Apple iPhone when picking out a new mobile phone. Indeed, whenever a new iPhone is launched it’s a global news event.
But such high-tech devices need to be covered by mobile phone insurance designed specifically for iPhones and iPhone users. Such an insurance policy will offer not only the same kind of cover as a standard mobile phone insurance policy, but also includes additional cover tailored to Apple products and services.
10 ways specialist mobile phone insurance cover can protect iPhone 12 handsets
There are many ways that specialist mobile phone insurance can protect your iPhone 12 phones from harm. Here are the 10 most important features to look out for when looking for insurance cover.
- Accidental damage – With punchy Super Retina XDR displays as standard you’ll want even minor screen cracks to be repaired as part of your accidental damage insurance cover. Repairing or replacing your iPhone if it’s ever dropped and damaged is vital if you want to get the most out of your phone.
- Liquid damage – With a water and dust resistance rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529, all the iPhone 12 family should be capable of accompanying you to the beach. However, you don’t need us to tell you that no smartphone is completely impervious to liquid damage. Make sure protection from liquid damage is included in your mobile phone insurance policy.
- Breakdown insurance – With a super-fast A14 Bionic chip under the hood, the iPhone 12 phones are more than capable of outperforming any Android rival. Coupled with the latest software and 5G compatibility you can expect to enjoy superfast downloads and high-quality streaming for years to come. But even the most well designed and manufactured machine can suffer a malfunction once in a while. And that’s where breakdown insurance is so useful.
- Unauthorised usage – If such a desirable phone is lost or stolen then unauthorised calls and data usage costing thousands of pounds could be made from the device. Cover arranged through us means you could be refunded up to £2,500 if this happens to you.
- Loss – Coming in six gorgeous colourways you can choose from blue, green, black, white, (PRODUCT) RED, and purple. With such a range to pick from you might think it would be hard for you to lose such an eye-catching item. However, we wouldn’t take the chance if we were you. Protection against loss is an optional level of extra cover you can select if you pay an additional insurance premium.
- Theft – With a flat-edge design, premium finish and an enviable tech spec sheet, any member of the iPhone 12 family could be the target of an opportunistic thief. Guarding against theft is one of the most popular reasons to invest in mobile phone insurance cover.
- Accessory cover – The iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini are compatible with a whole range of desirable MagSafe accessories and wireless chargers, making the need to plug in to traditional charging ports a thing of the past. However, if something happens to damage your iPhone, you’ll want these expensive items to be covered too. Well, a Gadget Cover insurance policy means any accessories (up to £150) will be replaced if they’re lost, stolen or damaged at the same time as your iPhone.
- Worldwide cover – With such a cool and desirable object by your side you’re not going to want to leave it at home when you go on holiday. If you love capturing those perfect holiday moments with the iPhone’s brilliant camera set up, then make sure you’ve got worldwide insurance cover for wherever your travels take you.
- Family cover – And who could resist having a ‘play’ on such a stunning machine? Whether it’s your husband or wife, son or daughter, our nearest and dearest will be queueing up to have a go with your latest purchase. So, you’ll want to make sure family cover is also included as part of the mobile phone insurance policy.
- E-wallet cover – All four iPhone 12 models come with top-of-the-range secure authentication to prevent someone else from using your phone without permission. With Face ID enabled by TrueDepth camera technology for facial recognition you should be safe. But it’s never wise to drop your guard when it comes to cyber criminals. With that in mind, it’s also important to include E-wallet cover in your mobile phone insurance policy. This means that if your gadget is accidentally lost or stolen and unauthorised transactions are made using your e-Wallet facility then insurance could refund you up to a maximum of £500.
Finding phone insurance that’s perfect for your iPhone is easy and straightforward with Gadget Cover. But it’s always important to still make sure that the insurance policy you choose has all the cover features you require. For example, does it provide instant cover? Is there a limit on the number of insurance claims you can make in a year? Is the level of insurance excess you’ve chosen right for you?
Do I need iPhone 12 mini insurance cover?
The iPhone 12 family of iPhones are comparatively new, having been launched back in autumn 2020. As Apple’s first flagship iPhones to be released during the COVID pandemic, this was greeted with much fanfare by tech fans. With many debating the relative merits of the iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
With its top-end tech, premium design, and small size, the iPhone 12 mini was considered a real triumph. The smallest iPhone since the iPhone 5S, for those looking for a dainty yet powerful delight the iPhone 12 mini was it.
Since then, the iPhone 13 mini has been released, so the iPhone 12 mini is no longer the best small Apple iPhone on the market. But it’s still up there, and available at a discount compared to the newer iPhones. So, if you’re an Apple fan looking for a great small phone and you don’t need the very latest model then it’s well worth considering. It’s also still available in that gorgeous purple colourway offered in spring 2021 as a mid-season refresh.
Not everyone needs the most recent iPhone model. But if you’ve bought a great little phone like the iPhone 12 mini then you’ll still want to get insurance to cover you against loss, damage or theft. If you need convincing on the need to buy insurance, then ask yourself the following simple questions:
- Could I afford to repair or replace the handset if it was lost, damaged or stolen?
- Would I be happy downgrading to a cheaper model? Repairing or replacing an iPhone can soon get expensive. If you can’t afford to do so then, without insurance, you’ll have to get a cheaper model.
- Do I own the iPhone outright? If you bought your iPhone 12 mini on a long-term contract without insurance then you could be in trouble if it gets lost or damaged. No matter what happens, you’ll still have to make those monthly payments, even if you no longer have a working iPhone!
- Do I rely on my iPhone? Whether for work, business or family reasons, having a working iPhone can be an absolute necessity for many people. If you’ll need an instant replacement if something goes wrong, you’ll need insurance.
- Do I consider myself to be a careful iPhone owner? Do I always take good care of my phone? Does it still look brand new after years of use? Be honest with yourself, will you really be able to keep your iPhone safe 24/7? Let’s face it, wouldn’t it be a lot easier to arrange an iPhone insurance policy to cover your mobile in all eventualities?
If you answered ‘No’ to any of these questions then you really need to take a good look at phone insurance. It’s almost certainly for you!
The feature-packed iPhone 12 mini – protect this marvellous machine with mobile phone insurance cover
The Apple iPhone 12 mini has only been on the market for a couple years now, so it’s still got plenty going for it when it comes to deciding whether it’s a good buy or not. Let’s take a quick look at some of its headline features, and why an iPhone insurance policy is so vital to cover it in case of any problems.
With a 5.4-inch Super Retina XDR OLED display offering 2340 x 1080-pixel resolution at 476ppi, High Dynamic Range (HDR), True Tone and Haptic Touch, the iPhone 12 mini screen is wonderful to behold.
Add in a 2,000,000 to 1 contrast ratio and 1200 nit peak brightness and whether you’re reviewing photos, searching the web or watching films you’ll enjoy incredible depth and really vibrant colours.
Invest in a screen protector and iPhone insurance to ensure that screen remains protected from damage. Remember, a iPhone 12 mini screen repair can cost hundreds of pounds if you don’t have the right insurance.
Super-fast A14 Bionic chip
While the flat-edge design of the iPhone 12 group of handsets puts design aficionados in mind of the classic iPhone designs of yesteryear, appearances can be deceptive. Inside that stunning body is Apple’s A14 Bionic chip with next-generation Neural Engine.
Built on revolutionary 5nm process technology, Apple has worked hard to future-proof these phones as much as possible. But for all that speed and power, accidents can and will continue to happen. Invest in the right insurance from Gadget Cover to keep yourself on track.
Next-generation 5G connectivity technology
Faster speeds and easier connection through 5G make the iPhone 12 mini a joy to use. If 5G is available in your location that is! Wondering what is 5G and do I really need it? Or perhaps what are the best new 5G phones? Then read our Gadget Cover guides to these important questions.
On the back of the iPhone 12 models, you’ll find a new magnet-based MagSafe system that allows for precise wireless charging and a range of quick-to-attach accessories. But if they get lost at the same time as your iPhone, you’d better hope you have accessory cover included in your policy.
We all know that iPhone camera technology is some of the very best on the market. And the iPhone 12 mini is no exception. While it might not have the oomph of the Pro models it can still hold its own among the competition.
As well as a 12MP front-facing selfie camera you’ll also get a dual 12MP wide and ultrawide camera set up offering 2x optical zoom and 5x digital zoom.
Indeed, just like Gadget Cover insurance, the iPhone 12 mini’s cameras will offer fantastic performance in any conditions.
And remember, if family members want to have a go at taking a few snaps you don’t need to worry about them having an accident. Our insurance doesn’t just cover use by you; it covers your immediate family, too.
Smaller design and premium build
Its slim size, flat-edge design and tactile glass back makes the iPhone 12 mini a dream to hold. But while the small size might make it less likely you’ll fumble with your phone and drop it, you still need to get the best cover you can for such a valuable device.
We recommend getting one of those wonderfully tactile Apple-made silicone cases as soon as you can. And don’t forget the iPhone insurance policy too!
That said, even if you do have an accident while your phone is outside of its case, the iPhone 12 mini has a Ceramic Shield front cover for improved durability. Indeed, Apple claims that this offers 4x improved drop test performance compared to the previous iPhones. But for all their claims, there’s no substitute for having the right insurance policy cover in place from day one.
After all, even if you don’t damage the iPhone, it could also still be lost or stolen. And for that, you’ll need insurance.
In many ways the iPhone 12 mini is very similar to the iPhone 12, but just with a smaller form factor.
The iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 12 Pro Max do offer a slightly improved experience thanks to their more powerful engines, bigger batteries and other upgrades. But if you’re after a small iPhone, investing in an iPhone 12 mini means you’ll no longer have to worry about missing out on the best features.
How much does iPhone 12 insurance cover cost?
As you would expect, the best way to find out how much phone insurance cover will cost you is to get a quick quote from a reputable insurance provider. There are prices to suit pretty much any budget or requirement. As a ballpark figure, insurance can cost anywhere from £5 up to £15 per month depending on the iPhone model, the level of cover offered and any additional extras.
Another important factor you need to take into account is the amount of excess you’ll need to pay if you do claim. This could be anywhere from £50 to £125 and usually needs to be paid immediately before your handset is repaired or replaced.
As with many things in life, when it comes to insurance, you often get what you pay for. You might find the cheapest insurance around, but what happens if it lets you down when you need it most?
Common cover exclusions with iPhone insurance
Setting up an iPhone insurance policy with Gadget Cover is very easy to do. But you still need to carefully read all the terms and conditions of any insurance policy before signing up. It’s vital you find out which clauses and exclusions apply to the type of insurance you’ve picked, and how they might impact your insurance cover and any future insurance claim.
Common exclusions to mobile phone insurance include:
- Claims for iPhones not bought in the UK.
- Claims where the iPhone has not been used since taking out the insurance policy.
- Claims where the owner didn’t show reasonable care.
- Claims where the iPhone is stolen from a vehicle or property and there is no visible sign of forced entry.
- Claims where the iPhone was left unattended when it was stolen or lost.
- Claims where there is no longer a SIM card or there isn’t the original SIM card.
- Claims where the proof of purchase or receipt has been lost.
- Claims where there has been a delay in reporting the loss or theft to the police, service provider and insurance company.
Learn more about using and protecting your iPhone with our phone insurance guides
At Gadget Cover, not a day goes by when we don’t find out about an interesting tip or hack to help get the best out of our gadgets. That’s why we’re always putting mobile phone insurance guides on our blog. If you’re looking to get the best out of your iPhone 12 mini and keep it protected from harm then visit our blog today.
Our phones play such an important part in our lives nowadays. That’s why it’s so crucial to make sure your device is protected from the everyday risks like theft, accident and damage. The specialists at Gadget Cover can help you find the right protection in an instant, no matter what type of Apple or Android device you own.
If you haven’t yet got your iPhone insurance cover sorted, then what are you waiting for? Get a quick quote today.
Popular iPhone Insurance:
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X Insurance
- iPhone 8 Insurance
- iPhone 8 Plus Insurance
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6
We will repair your gadget if it is damaged as the result of an accident. Unlike some insurers, we even cover minor screen cracks. If the item cannot be repaired we will replace it.
If your gadget has been damaged due to splashes or full immersion we’ll repair it or replace it.
Repair or replace your gadget if something goes wrong with it. (except laptops).
We’ll pay for unauthorised calls and data usage from your device, when it has been lost or stolen, up to £2,500.
If you selected to pay an additional premium and lose your gadget, we will replace it (mobile phones, tablets and smartwatches only).
If your gadget is stolen, we will replace it.
We’ll replace any accessories (up to £150) if they are lost, stolen or damaged at the same time as your gadget.
Cover is extended to include use of your gadget anywhere in the world, up to 180 days in any 1 year.
Your gadget cover is extended to your immediate family. If your partner loses or damages your phone you’re also covered!
If your gadget is accidentally lost or stolen, we will refund the cost of unauthorised transactions made using your e-Wallet facility up to a maximum of £500.
Mobile phones have become an integral part of our lifestyles. Many of us would never leave home without a phone in our pocket. And most of the time, it’s not simple phones but sophisticated and expensive smartphones that we carry with us everywhere.
Carrying a phone like that means that you’re vulnerable to dangers ranging from theft to loss and damage. High-quality smartphones are usually expensive and to pay for one, you may have agreed to sign a contract - which you’ll need to keep on paying even if you lose or damage your phone.
However, you can protect yourself against such risks by covering your phone with specialist mobile phone insurance.
Benefits can vary from insurer to insurer - that’s why it’s smart to shop around and look through various offers before settling on an insurance company.
Before purchasing a mobile phone insurance contract, make sure to read the Terms & Conditions carefully. That’s how you’ll be able to tell which clauses and exclusions apply to the type of insurance you’ve chosen.
A critical part of your mobile phone insurance is the type of theft it covers. For instance, theft without force or unattended theft may not be covered. If someone steals your phone from your pocket or takes it from a table in a cafe when you’re distracted, you’ll be left uninsured. Moreover, some insurers may refuse to pay out in specific cases - for example, if you forget your phone and leave it by accident on a train or taxi. If you’re deemed to have been careless by the provider, you might not be covered by the insurance. Any sort of water damage might fall under this exclusion too.
Pay attention to the terms stated in your contract. Some insurers require you to report the phone as lost to the police and the insurer within a specific time limit such as 24 hours or less.
The exclusions to this mobile phone insurance include:
- Leaving the phone unattended
- Theft from a vehicle or premises where there is no visible sign of forced entry
- Lack of proof of purchase or receipt
- Any claim where the phone has not been used since the insurance has been taken out
Make sure that the policy you choose has all the cover you need. Check if it provides instant cover, whether there’s a limit on the number of claims per year, and how much the excess is.
When searching for phone cover, consider gadget insurance. Many providers offer that type of insurance that may cover mobile phones - just make sure to specify your smartphone when describing the gadget in question. You can insure more than one device with the same policy - for example, your laptop, camera, and tablet.
Some types of home insurance include mobile phone coverage as well. While these can be simple and cost-effective, they come with downsides such as lengthy claim processing that could leave you without a mobile phone for a more extended period of time.
With gadget cover your phone will be covered from the moment you finalise the purchase of insurance. You won’t have to wait for the insurance policy to be processed and applied within a specific number of days from your purchase. Instead, you can enjoy coverage right from the moment of purchase.
To make a claim, you need to do the following:
If your claim is for damage, we will ask you to send the gadget to our nominated repair centre where we can inspect and repair it. We aim to repair or replace items within 5 to 7 working days.
If your claim if for the theft or loss of your gadget you must report the theft or loss to the police and your service provider no later than 48 hours after you notice that your gadget is missing.
Next, you need to contact us. Make sure to do that as quickly as possible - within 48 hours from discovering loss or theft of your gadget.
You can call our dedicated Claim Advisors on 0203 794 9294. You can also send us an email to email@example.com. If you take longer than 48 hours to contact us, you risk your claim being delayed or rejected.
We aim to process claims within 48 hours, once we receive all the required documentation - which includes proof of ownership. If we approve the claim, you will need to pay the policy excess to let us proceed with the claim. Make sure that you provide us with all the required documentation and pay the excess as quickly as possible - any delay may make the process longer.
For many smartphone users, the most valuable content on their phone, that no insurance company is able to replace, is their contacts, photos, files, and other pieces of personal information.
There are many things you can do right now to make sure that data stored on your phone is protected against loss. Consider the available cloud storage options for creating backups of your data. Storing them in the cloud offers a significant advantage - they will be available to you from any device connected to the internet.
Once you settle on an adequate storage solution, schedule regular backups of your data to make sure that all your files and information are located in your storage.
All in all, the best advice to keep your phone is safe, is to look after it and to protect it against the hassle and cost that comes with loss, theft, or damage.
Please select a Make and Model